Take a trip back in time, right in the heart of the village of Arroyo Grande California. Formerly known as “The Methodist Campground”, Camp Arroyo Grande has been sitting quietly above the village since 1885. Countless locals have memories of the Campground and the activities held over the years. Originally donated to the Methodist Church by J.F. Beckett, the 29-acre parcel has been a significant part of the history of the south county, playing host to Methodist revivals, retreats and various educational gatherings. The site was recently purchased by the 5-Cities Community Service Foundation with the goal of refurbishing and improving the campground and its historical buildings for the use and enjoyment of current and future generations.
Our Mission Is Simple
To provide assistance to individuals and organizations with an emphasis on education, community service, and character development. Through Camp Arroyo Grande we want to foster enjoyment and appreciation of the natural world among people of all ages through creative activities in a camp setting.